Friday 23 May 2008

Murder Dog Interview


Daika Bray interviewed Dj Screw in 1999 for Murder Dog magazine. Read it and then go out and buy their excellent Magazine.


When did Fat Pat, Hawk, C-Note and the rest of the Screwed Up Click start rappin at your house? After you already had started doin Screw tapes?

After I started doin Screw tapes. I was already doin 'em, they was just listenin to me. They'd hear me, I'd give shout outs to different people in the neighborhoods, cause I had kicked it with everybody from every neighborhood. I'd make personal tapes. I might make a tape for a couple of my partners. Sometimes I'd just be makin a tape, come to the house, kick it. Some of my partners that are locked up right now, they'd come to the house and kick it, watch me make a tape. Might get on the mic, give shout outs. We'd ride around, listen to that in the car. It's like you're listenin to the radio, hear your own voice, ridin in the car, start rappin. We got some feedback on it, people were likin it. Everybody was takin it serious.

Read the rest of the interview here

No comments: