Thursday 10 July 2008

Screw Talks To Murder Dog 1999


Screw rarely gave interviews , but Daika Bray spoke to Screw about the S.U.C and his hopes for the future back in 1999.

When did Fat Pat, Hawk, C-Note and the rest of the Screwed Up Click start rappin at your house? After you already had started doin Screw tapes?

After I started doin Screw tapes. I was already doin 'em, they was just listenin to me. They'd hear me, I'd give shout outs to different people in the neighborhoods, cause I had kicked it with everybody from every neighborhood. I'd make personal tapes. I might make a tape for a couple of my partners. Sometimes I'd just be makin a tape, come to the house, kick it. Some of my partners that are locked up right now, they'd come to the house and kick it, watch me make a tape. Might get on the mic, give shout outs. We'd ride around, listen to that in the car. It's like you're listenin to the radio, hear your own voice, ridin in the car, start rappin. We got some feedback on it, people were likin it. Everybody was takin it serious.

I want you to clear up some of the rumors about Fat Pat. I've heard that he was in the dope game, he was doing terrible things to people, and what happened to him was just comin back onto him from stuff he'd done in the past ? Read the rest of the interview here

1 comment:

thascrewhead said...

for a screw fan, this interview is the shit. transcripts like these give us a taste of who screw was and what he stood for. no bullshit. my favorite part is where he talks about


"...people think you gotta get high, get fucked up, do drugs, just to listen to my music. It ain't like that at all. Or that I just do drugs all day, that's why my music's slow. It ain't all about that. I stopped smokin weed a while back. Back in the game I was young, so I was smokin weed, but you get burnt out on that. You don't gotta get high to listen to my music."


great post.